Saturday, October 15, 2011

DecisionSystem/COM

Now I'm working on the DecisionSystem and COM code. I've implemented counters so that can be done. Right now I'm going through and filling in small gaps in the decision tree but the main thing I'm doing is getting everything to use the Personality variables. So, blocking will be less successful if the personality has mercy and they are winning by a fair bit. It's almost all "fuzzy logic" so the end result is a more natural behaviour. The main thing I have to implement personality for is so that the different difficulties of COM actually differ in behaviour. In that regard I believe I'm successful so far. Expert COM is just about impossible to beat, even though it doesn't use the debug move that kills you instantly any more. For now the COMs don't do combos because of the way the move sets are being played with at the moment (by the fighting engine guys) so they only do basic attacks. But when that's sorted out they'll being doing combos and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment